These are actually considered “muffins,” and the recipe does call for pumpkin, which is in the squash family, so I suppose it’s kind of healthy….? But who are we kidding? These are straight-up cupcakes. They are so sweet and moist, and with the chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting they make a phenomenal dessert. Part of you will want to share these with a friend. The other part of you will want to keep them ALLLL for yourself! But all parts of you will be glad you found this recipe!
All you need are the following 3 ingredients:
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 box of yellow or spice cake mix
- ½ bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin directly into the cake mix.
- If the batter is too dry or doughy, feel free to add a couple tablespoons of milk for better consistency. (It still needs to be fairly thick and sticky, so don't go overboard).
- Toss in the chocolate chips and mix away.
- Fill the cupcake paper almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes or so BEFORE frosting.
- Spread frosting on top and decorate with your favorite spooky decor.