I cannot take credit for this recipe. My husband found it on thekingofrandom.com, an awesome website full of fun science projects and household hacks. I will not be modifying the steps much, as the King of Random’s version is tried and true. He’s rather scientific about these things, dontcha know.
Pour your gelatin and jell-o into the syrup/water mixture and let it soak for a couple minutes.
Cook on medium low heat and stir often until mixture completely dissolves.
Let sit for a few more minutes and skim the waxy film off the top of the liquid so it shows clear.
Pour into lego mold and let set for 4 – 6 hours.
It should come out nice and clear like this.
If it comes out looking like this, it’s still OK, but letting the liquid cool and skimming the waxy film off the top before pouring the molds makes a huge difference.
- ½ C cold water
- ¼ C corn syrup
- 2 Knox Gelatin packets
- 1 packet of jell-o
- Mix the water and corn syrup until completely clear.
- Pour the mixture into a cold pan. Do NOT heat at this point.
- Add the gelatin and jell-o and let sit for a couple minutes while it soaks up the moisture.
- Turn the heat to med. low and gently mix the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved and clear, then turn off the heat.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and scrape off any excess waxy film that may have floated to the surface.
- Pour mixture into a condiment bottle, and use this to fill lego molds.
- Let molds sit for 4 - 6 hours to set, gently peel out of molds, and enjoy!