These are such a party pleaser, and so perfect for an Easter dinner or Spring celebration. Also very fun to make if you use a couple of easy tricks.
- Trick #1: Make sure you choose a very thick dip or flavored cottage cheese
- Trick #2: I recommend having a chop stick or pointy skewer and a medicine syringe on hand….
Once you have all your supplies ready and washed, let’s get to it!
Step 1: I recommend doing this step first. In order to do so, just puncture a small hole at the bottom of each tomato with a skewer or chop stick, and carefully “shove” your chives or green onions in as far as they’ll go. Set these aside.
- You may need to take a knife and make an ever-so-tiny criss cross cut to get things moving a little. As long as the hole isn’t too big, the chives will stay intact.
Steps 2 – 3: Make a criss cross slit across the top of each tomato down to the base, and use a syringe to fill them up with the dip of your choice.
- 5 red oval shaped cherry tomatoes
- 5 yellow "sunburst" tomatoes
- Ranch dip or cottage cheese with herbs
- Two bunches of green onions or chives
- Puncture the bottoms of the tomatoes with a skewer and gently but firmly push the tips of the chives or onions into the tomato as far as it will go.
- Make a criss cross cut on the tops of the tomatoes and fill them with ranch or cottage cheese dip, using a medicine syringe.
- Tie them together with a bow.