For those of you looking for a gluten-free alternative to the everyday PB & J, this makes a great stand-in. Especially if you’re allergic to PB. Be aware, though, that if you pack it in your kid’s lunch, you might need to send an extra napkin. It’s quite juicy. But it is delicious, and fairly healthy too!
This recipe can also serve as an appetizer. Just cut up the pear into smaller pieces and leave it open-faced.
- 1 Asian pear (any pear will do, but I liked the color of the Asian pear)
- Apricot jam (no added sugar)
- Cream cheese or Brie (if you want to go fancy)
- Cut the pear all the way through starting just to the side of the center. Make ¼ to ½ inch thick slices.
- Spread cream cheese or Brie on one slice.
- Add a dollop of jam, and sandwich that with another slice of pear on top.