Perfect Sweet Potato Fries
Perfecting the sweet potato fry is tricky. Most cooks complain they come out too soggy, too burnt, or too chewy. So we run off to Trader Joe’s and pay $7 for a 1/4 pound bag in the freezer section. And for what? One meal? Maybe two? This recipe will put all freezer bag fries, and even your grandmother, to shame, and for pennies on the dollar.
Plus it’s SUUUUPER EASY! And takes 5 minutes to make (not including baking time).
All you need are the following things:
- 1 large sweet potato
- Sea Salt (coarsely ground)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the pointy ends off the sweet potato if any, and slice the potato into ¼ inch by ¼ inch slices.
- Distribute the slices evenly on a baking sheet (I prefer to use the Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan because it roasts evenly throughout so you don’t have to worry about flipping over or mixing what you are baking).
- Lather on a thin layer of olive oil with a basting brush. You can also douse them lightly in olive oil in a separate bowl before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Liberally sprinkle salt and add a little pepper over the top.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Use my Killer Sauce (1 part mayo, 1 part BBQ sauce, dash of garlic salt), or you can use a nice smokey chipotle sauce for dipping.