Baked Pumpkin Ice Cream
This no-churn ice cream is so smooth and rich, and the baked pumpkin so tender, your family will think you spent hours on this dessert. What they won’t know is that the entire recipe takes all of 20 minutes to prepare!
If you are at ALL a pumpkin fan, you will be in heaven to the last bite. Be sure to dig your spoon into the cooked pumpkin. When you combine it with a bite of ice cream, it tastes like a pastry.
- 4 miniature pumpkins
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- preheat the oven to 375 F.
- cut the tops off of each pumpkin and scrape out any seeds or fibrous material
- in a small saucepan, melt together the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until slightly runny
- using a basting brush, coat the insides of each pumpkin with the sauce
- place the hollow pumpkins into a deep baking dish with about ½ inch of water at the bottom
- place the tops onto the pumpkins, cover with foil or a lid, and bake for 50 minutes
- whip the cream in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form (about 10-12 minutes)
- pour in the condensed milk and continue to mix
- combine the remaining ingredients
- pour into a freezer-safe dish and freeze for at least 4 hours