Cookie Monster Cupcakes
There is NOTHING to this recipe. I did it for my son’s 1st birthday in like 5 seconds flat, and it was pretty cute.
All you do is buy colored cake mix (they sell them in single packages so you can make rainbow cakes with them). If you don’t have blue cake mix, then use blue food coloring in white cake mix. I know, food coloring is scary. Blah blah. I don’t use it that often, and neither do you. Splurge a little this time. It’ll be fun.
So you bake up your little cuppie cakes, assemble the eyes, paint on the face, and voila! 5 seconds flat. Any questions?
His mouth is pretty large, but if you’re not sure what it looks like, go google him.
Try and get his eyes kind of close together and cockeyed for a more authentic look.
- 1 package blue cake mix (enough for 1 dozen cupcakes)
- 1 can of cool whip
- 2 dozen chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark baker's chocolate, melted
- 1 craft paint brush
- Bake your cupcakes according to package directions, and pull them out of the tin to cool for a few minutes.
- While they are cooling, melt your baker's chocolate in a little saucepan and take off the heat.
- Once cupcakes are cool, paint chocolate smiles on all the cupcakes.
- Go back and squirt cool-whip eyes on each cupcake, and top them with chocolate chips.