Homemade Italian Dressing
I don’t really love the taste of store-bought dressing. Maybe it’s all the preservatives and chemicals. Maybe it’s all the sugar. I don’t know. But there is nothing quite like freshly made dressing. This one is no-fuss and it’s made up of ingredients you already have around the house.
I use this dressing on my Zesty Chicken Penne, which is also a hit!
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp Italian herb seasoning (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, etc.)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 dash of celery salt
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- Combine dry ingredients into a small bowl.
- Pour oil, vinegar, and water into the bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Makes about 2 cups.
If you double the dry ingredients you can save half of it in a jar in the cupboard for later. Just add the oil, vinegar, and water when you are ready to use it!