I came across these little mini casserole dishes recently and forced myself to buy them. Today is the day I got to put them to use as I decided to cook my incredible meatloaf recipe. It is a hit with adults and kids alike, and the mini casserole dishes can work as a fancy way to serve an otherwise ordinary meal to your guests. Or it can work as a fun way to get your kids to eat something they might normally turn their noses up at.
Your kids will LOVE this meatloaf. My toddler was so nuts about it, he threw an absolute fit when his was all gone. I had to give him some of mine.
Once you mix your ingredients together, form the meatloaf into small loaves and put into mini loaf pans or casserole dishes and bake for 45 minutes.
- No need to grease the pan when baking ground beef. Even lean meat should have enough fat in it to keep it from sticking to the sides.
- Put the mini casserole dishes all on the same baking sheet so it’s easy to pull out of the oven when done
Eat plain or add some Secret Sauce on top for a marvelous touch.
Serve with some tater tots and salad or green beans and you’re in business!
You won’t be able to put your fork down. But if you do happen to have leftovers, just put the lids back on the dishes, wrap the little blokes in tin foil, and keep in the fridge until tomorrow….if you can bring yourself to wait that long.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix everything together but the ground beef.
- In a large bowl, form the meat into a ball and form a "well" in the center.
- Pour your ingredients into the well, and hand mix until everything is blended together.
- Form into 6 - 8 mini loaves and place in separate mini casserole dishes or small loaf pans to bake for 45 minutes.
- Pour some BBQ sauce on top for garnish.