Tomato Basil Crete-zza
This amazing vegetarian flatbread pizza explodes with fresh, Mediterranean flavors. And the best part…the kids will love it. I can’t get my kids to eat tomatoes for the life of me. They used to love them, then they spent a weekend away with cousins who hated tomatoes, and they have hated them ever since.
But this pizza, even with it’s plethora of tomatoes, makes the cut. Why? Because it is absurdly delicious. And it’s easy to make too.
1. Cover your dough in sauce.
2. Add the cheese to your liking.
3. Dice up your veggies.
4. Chiffonade your basil.
5. Add all of your toppings and your feta.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, and voila! (Or, as the Greek would say, κεκαλυμμένος!)
- 1 crispy (flatbread) pre-made pizza crust
- pizza sauce
- Italian blend grated cheese
- ½ pkg. red grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- ½ pkg. yellow sunburst tomatoes
- 1 Cup feta cheese
- ⅓ red onion, sliced
- 3 - 4 basil leaves, sliced in chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Liberally spread pizza sauce on the crust
- Add cheese to cover the sauce
- Slice the tomatoes and onion and cover the cheese
- sprinkle feta cheese and basil leaves throughout
- Place in oven on pizza pan for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.