These make a sleek, delicious alternative to the more starchy, greasy counterpart. And if you dip them in my famous Fry Sauce or my Special Sauce, then you won’t be able to stop eating these suckers.
Then again, the sauce takes the healthy aspect back down a notch…but pay no attention to that! We’re here to eat. So dig in.
Cover your onions and carrots in olive oil and salt, and bake for 10 minutes at 450. (The onions only bake for 5 minutes as they are more delicate, so be sure to take them out halfway).
You can eat the carrots plain…
But I like to combine them with green onions to spice up the evening.
“You really spice up my evening, baby. We should get together more often…”
“Oh yes! I don’t know why we didn’t think of this before, but we are so perfect for each other…..kiss kiss kiss. And this Special Sauce we are skinny dipping in is AMAZING!”
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, F.
- Peel and slice the carrots and trim the green onions of untidy ends. Be sure to leave a good amount of green on them. You can trim them as short as you'd like AFTER they've cooked.
- Mix the onions and carrots in with some olive oil and salt, and place them evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, taking the onions out at the 5 minute mark and setting them aside.
- Trim the green onion ends off 2 - 3 inches, and serve them with the carrots either plain or with your favorite sauce.