Try something original and fruity this year for your sweetheart. Homemade gummies are a yummy, healthy alternative to all the candy being circulated at this time of year. Your honey will love it.
This is a really fun project to do with the kids as well, so if they are looking for something to make for mom for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day, this will definitely tug at her heart strings.
I should know.
Be sure and check out my other gummy recipe. Same idea, different fruit flavors.
1. Juice your citrus and cut up your fruit.
2. Boil it all together until soft.
3. Blend it, let it cool, and add gelatin and sweetener.
4. Chill in fridge for 1 hour in a rimmed cookie sheet, then cut out your shapes.
Combine these homemade treats with some chocolate-dipped strawberries and you’ll easily be anyone’s valentine.
- 2 cups cut up strawberries
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 packets unflavored gelatin
- 3 - 4 Tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- Combine fruit and juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium high and continue stirring until fruit becomes soft.
- Take off heat and pour into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Add gelatin and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a rimmed baking sheet and chill in fridge for one hour.
- Remove from fridge and cut out shapes with clay cutters.