No-Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
I have not been able to find an ice cream substitute that I like. I mean, they’re all OK, but nothing to write home about. And then my mom brought some dairy-free chocolate ice cream to a birthday party once, I had a bite, and I HAD to get her recipe.
It’s SUUUUPER easy, creamy, and delicious! And there’s no white sugar either.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, all you need are the following supplies:
1. Ice cream salt
3. Empty coffee can
4. Empty 10# can
All you do is blend up all the ingredients in the blender…
Pour the mixture into the coffee can, put the lid on it, and place it in the 10# can.
Then you pour the ice and salt inside, put the lid on top of the 10# can, and seal it up with tape for safe mixing.
Mix for about 15-20 minutes, just rolling it around on the ground during your favorite TV show. Let the kids take turns helping. They’ll do a better job anyway because they’ll be more excited about it.
Helpful Hint: When you pour the ice and salt in, fill the can half way with ice, then pour some salt over that. Then layer more ice on top with more salt, as above.
- 1 x 13.5 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 3 heaping Tbsp of Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- Blend all the ingredients together in the blender until completely smooth.
- Place in your ice cream maker and churn for 15 - 20 minutes, or until done.
- Best when eaten immediately. If you plan to freeze the leftovers and eat them later, be sure to pull out of the freezer to thaw for a few minutes first.