Nutella Granola Bars
With all the preservatives, sugars, and additives in our kids’ snacks these days, it’s nice to be able to offer something yummy that’s wholesome too.
This recipe makes a filling snack, and it will put a smile on your kids’ faces. It’s still got some sugar, but significantly less than what you’ll find in an ordinary granola bar. Plus this comes with quinoa, oatmeal, and whole nuts, which I think is a fair trade.
I got this recipe from www.simpledish.com and modified it a little to my liking. You can play with this recipe as well and make it fruitier or nuttier or chewier if you like.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- ½ cup nutella
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whatever else you feel like adding
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix oats, quinoa, nuts, and Craisins together in a large bowl
- In a saucepan, combine Nutella, honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon together and heat in small on medium, stirring frequently, until mixture is fairly smooth and runny
- Pour Nutella mixture into the oats and quinoa mixture and blend it together with your bare hands until everything is totally combined.
- Place evenly on a Pampered Chef Stoneware Barpan (or a good baking sheet will do) and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Do not overcook or the granola will turn hard and caramelize.