Corned Beef and Cabbage
Here’s a really easy recipe for your upcoming beloved Irish holiday. This will turn out tender and flavorful and have you coming back for more! Corned beef and cabbage is one of my favorite things to eat. I’m not Irish in the least, but in my heart I will always wish I was.
You can also just throw everything in a crockpot for 6 – 7 hours and serve it when dinner time hits. It still turns out amazing! I would just add a little more salt, or use a broth as the stock.
Step 1: Simmer the meat and spices for 2 hours
Step 2: Cook the vegetables into the broth
Step 3: Add the cabbage…
- 2 pounds Corned-Beef Brisket (already cured)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 1 pound baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bushel of chopped celery
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- Put the brisket in a pot of water, just enough to cover the meat. Add the seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to Lo and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the vegetables and bring to a boil at medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cabbage wilts.